OPEN WATER DIVER
- Course catalog
- Start diving
- Open Water Diver
- Open Water Diver
- The Open Water Diver course is your first step in the world of scuba diving.
It is a simple and safe coure where you will learn the basic knowledge of scuba diving, using ISDA book, videos, quizzes and the explanations of your instructor.
You will learn how the pressure of water affects our body, how to communicate with your dive buddy and how to use the equipment before and during the dive.
- The course
- The practical exercises will gradually bring you to become familiar with the equipment and being underwater; sooner than you think you will fly in the water, at ease in the new "planet" just discovered.
With the Open Water Diver certification you can dive all over the world up to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
If you want to complete your basic training and have the opportunity to explore seabed and coral reefs up to 30 meters, try the thrill of diving at night or explore fascinating wrecks, proceed with the Advanced Open Water Diver course.
Remember that the Open Water Diver certification card, like all ISDA cards, is available for free in digital version. You will receive it by email and you can also, at any time, view it directly on the ISDA website; you might also download it and keep it always with you. This way you never have to give up an adventure, even if you forgot your plastic card at home!
- Certification Prerequisites
- - 12 years old for Junior Open Water Diver, 15 for Open Water Diver
- - medical certificate
- - if under 18, parent's approval
- Course program
- - 5 theory sessions
- - 4 confined water sessions
- - 4 open water sessions
- - final examination
- What you'll get
- International certification card, allowing you to dive with a buddy at the maximum depth of 18 meters (12 meters for the Open Water Junior). In the event of a disable diver, the Instructor can issue a certification specifying the need of one or two buddies.
- What's next?
- After 5 ricreative dives you can access the Advanced Open Water Course, or many other Specialty courses: Marine Biology, Marine Archeology, Wreck diver, ISDA Ranger, Action Cam, Underwater Photography, Nitrox Diver and many others.
- ISDA courses are constantly updated and upgraded, ask to your instructor the complete specifications and the last news on the course.